Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Practice problem bugfixes

There were an embarrassing number of typos in the solutions, so here are some fixes. I'm not saying I caught all of them, but a lot of the silly errors are gone at least.

It is embarrassing when I make little mistakes, since I'm supposed to know better. When you do it on the exam, it is just a point or two off since you're still learning :-)

I guess the lesson is that one should never stop practicing ... you never know it well enough that mistakes are not possible.

UPDATE: moments later, someone pointed out that on problem 4, 11 rad = 1.75 revolutions (not 5.1 rev). The linked file is fixed now.

3 comments:

  1. on number 5 how did you arrive at 5.1 rev ? Is this the wrong way to calculate it? 11 rad/2= 5.5 5.5/pi = 1.75 rev

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry it was actually number 4

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh, you are correct ... still more bugs to find. I have no idea how I came up with 5.1 revs. 1.75 rev is correct, I just fixed that and reposted the file.

    ReplyDelete