Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Lab 1&2 grades

I've entered your lab 1 and 2 grades into the Mastering Physics gradebook for you to see. You should get those lab reports back today or tomorrow. A few thoughts:

  • if the lab average is very low, I will scale it at the end of the term.
  • if we ask a question in the lab writeup, it counts toward your grade
  • if we ask for specific data or a plot to report, it counts toward your grade
  • we do drop the lowest lab grade for the semester
  • labs are worth 20% of your grade; while a merely low lab grade will not jeopardize your grade very easily, not going to the labs at all is a very bad thing.

I haven't seen the lab reports (I do not grade them myself), but I suspect some of the lower scores were due to handing in data but not answering the questions in the lab writeup. So, make sure you read the thing carefully and answer any questions asked at the beginning, along the way, or at the end ...

If you have questions about how the lab reports are graded, or feel like you lost points for something you shouldn't have, feel free to come see me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment